Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Stacking tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Sorry for the delay...... the reason I said not to use clips is that it can encourage poor fixing techniques- no solid bed, poor substrate prep etc

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think that the result you have achieved with the tiles you were given is fairly good. The main thing you need to improve on is what's going on behind the tile and your fixing technique. Given that you say you're slow, it clearly matters to you that you do a nice job so I'm sure that any advice you've had here will be taken in.

Going back to your orginal question, don't bother with wooden battens if you're having to work with poor quality tiles. Use spirit levels or buy some aluminium battens from Trade Tiler and cut to length. These will give you the best start but you'll probably still need to use wedges too.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just to add... If your Uncles a builder... Tell him to make sure the walls are true and plumb... It'll make your life a lot easier..
And yes .. get a deeper serrater..
Keep at it ... You'll get there..

S

slicker55

Good luck to you mate - it looks to me as though you haven't had the best start to your tiling career but clearly, you're ambitious and determined to succeed. You have a pleasant disposition and a willingness to learn, admirable qualities which will hold you in good stead.

Reply to Help with Stacking tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen