Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Help with Stacking tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

Sorry for the delay...... the reason I said not to use clips is that it can encourage poor fixing techniques- no solid bed, poor substrate prep etc

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think that the result you have achieved with the tiles you were given is fairly good. The main thing you need to improve on is what's going on behind the tile and your fixing technique. Given that you say you're slow, it clearly matters to you that you do a nice job so I'm sure that any advice you've had here will be taken in.

Going back to your orginal question, don't bother with wooden battens if you're having to work with poor quality tiles. Use spirit levels or buy some aluminium battens from Trade Tiler and cut to length. These will give you the best start but you'll probably still need to use wedges too.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just to add... If your Uncles a builder... Tell him to make sure the walls are true and plumb... It'll make your life a lot easier..
And yes .. get a deeper serrater..
Keep at it ... You'll get there..

S

slicker55

Good luck to you mate - it looks to me as though you haven't had the best start to your tiling career but clearly, you're ambitious and determined to succeed. You have a pleasant disposition and a willingness to learn, admirable qualities which will hold you in good stead.

Reply to Help with Stacking tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks