Discuss Floorboards or hardboard in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

wazaps

-
Reaction score
Hi, a tiler told me that if I lay two layers of hardboard, my floor tiles won't crack. Would laying floorboards be better? But if I do either it seems to me that there would be a trip hazard between the bathroom and passageway. Are there any other solutions?

Anthony

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Are your joists exposed? If so I’d go
Onto the joists with 18mm plywood then 6mm cement boards on top of that with mega strength adhesive and screwed down with the appropriate screws.
If you have existing floor boards there then straight on top with cement boards. Absolutely no hardboard!!
:)

wazaps

-
Reaction score
Anthony, thank you very much for the advice. The guy who built this place just put hardboard straight on to joists. I shall follow your advice. Thanks.
:)

Reply to Floorboards or hardboard in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey guys I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve tiled my bathroom floor on top of hardie cement board. I have left expansion gaps all...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22