Discuss how to lay out tiles in wetroom form in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the tile.
I plan to use 300mm x 600mm tiles, and there is a 800x1100 wet room form installed with a 300mm linear drain.
Because the wide of the form has been trimmed, it doesn't exactly match the tile width.
The shower screen isnt going to be as long as the form, so won't cover the join fully
These are my thoughts;

Left pic;
trim 50mm from the run of tiles that is on the left of the form. This brings the cut line in the same place as the shower screen and doesn't need any extra (messy) cuts.

Right pic;
Use the full width tiles, but will need two extra cuts so they match the form.

I feel like the left solution will look better but unsure if a run of 50mm narrower tiles will be really obvious?

1706701882274.png

Reply to how to lay out tiles in wetroom form in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks