Discuss Best grout for bathroom/shower ? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

Mgriffy61

So bathroom has had the old grout removed to a depth of about 4mm. Now need to start thinking of re-grouting.
Tiles have approx 4mm gap and looking for a white, water resistant, smooth finish grout that is easy for a first timer to use. Need to avoid pin pricking.
What do you guys suggest and why ?

Bathfix Bob

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Interesting this....its supposed to be the best grout but also it seems its the most complained about. I always use Ultra or Tilemaster but on the current bathroom they have bought be some of this stuff in white and grey and quite frankly I'm scarred to use it especially the smoke grey.

OP
W

Waluigi

Micromax 2 is the most common grout I use. Or Microflex.

Micromax 2 is decent these days.

I’m keen to try out the Kerakoll grouts.

OP
H

hmtiling

I'd go Mapei ucp for a re-grout. It gets in and holds like nothing else for me. If I'm ever doing those tiles with a thin groove meant to look like smaller tiles I'll use that and this is a similar scenario.
Big areas of ceramics it's certainly hard work though

OP
D

Dumbo

Interesting this....its supposed to be the best grout but also it seems its the most complained about. I always use Ultra or Tilemaster but on the current bathroom they have bought be some of this stuff in white and grey and quite frankly I'm scarred to use it especially the smoke grey.
Tell them it's crap Mapei ucp silver grey got to be close .

OP
D

Dumbo

Micromax 2 is the most common grout I use. Or Microflex.

Micromax 2 is decent these days.

I’m keen to try out the Kerakoll grouts.
Kerakoll I've not used much but when I have its good . I've used on stone ,encaustic,porcelain and ceramic and it was ok

YT233

TF
Reaction score
What If both Mapei Kerapoxy and Kerakoll Bio were readily available at your local tile shop. Which one would you use to tile a porcelain wet room? Which is the most stain resistant?

OP
Q

Qwerty

Kerakoll Fugalite bio all day long. It doesnt perform any different to Mapei, but is far easier to use

Reply to Best grout for bathroom/shower ? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer