Discuss White Tiles Gone Grey Around Shower/Bath in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I've got some matt white ceramic tiles that have gone grey on the shower wall. Presumably water ingress.

I had two or three tiles do this before and had them replaced.

I've only got a few left to replace the two that have discoloured.

Will they go back to the white again and if so can I seal them?

Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me. Photo attached.
IMG_20240217_145921.jpg

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know natural stone changes its color if wet. Ceramic tile does not do that as far as I am concerned.
Your best bet is to replace them and make sure you take out the wet area, get a dehumidifier and dry out the wall. Waterproof the area and then retile. All the best!

Reaction score
White tiles around the shower have started to turn grey, indicating that the water has been seeping into the cracks and causing the tiles to discolor.

Reply to White Tiles Gone Grey Around Shower/Bath in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks