Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

The missus is surprisingly on board about the TV! It will be a sovos one. This video actually sold it to me.. cant really get much more waterproof than this I guess...

19" Waterproof TV Submersion Test SOVOS SVBTV19 - YouTube

Bit of a wait for it though, but the suppliers sent me a back box so I could get the walls/tiles up which I thought was cool of them.

that is one mean tv, got ideas floating round my head now!!! wife will kick my a*$e

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i aint showing the wife owt on here,she wants the bathroom re doing,i don't know why,i tiled it 9 years ago,its fine ;)

S

Stef

i aint showing the wife owt on here,she wants the bathroom re doing,i don't know why,i tiled it 9 years ago,its fine ;)

IF IT AINT BROKEN DONT FIX IT!!!:thumbsup:

I dont have that luxury, i moved into the house that jack built last year & i am slowly working my way through the house knocking down & rebuilding each room as i go.
Thats me on to the down stairs toilet/shower room, walls back to brick work & ceiling down, will post some photos in the next few weeks to show a work in progress.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nothing like working stress free in your own house.

I wonder how on the TV they waterproofed the speakers? The sound does come from the TV dosn't it?

I wonder how many braindeaths will watch that, not read the discliamer and have a bath with a standard portable. :lol:

Last edited:
D

davemul

Oh dear! what have I started!

Speaker wise, the actual TV is the speaker, pretty cool....

WELL, today I have been sealing, taping and tanking. Horrible job.. especially when you run out of tape. 30 metres not enough!? So had to run down to Marmox AGAIN!

Tomorrow i'll do the second coat... tell you what.. this mapegum is THICK. doesnt seem to go very far either. NEarly done a 5kg tub for what you can see below.

Ohh I ordered a load of tools/goodies from tradetiler and kwikstick (or something similar) so tiling wont be long!

Im knackered, time for a steak and vodka tonight!

0ab5b64b.jpg

0f26b191.jpg

257a7f9b.jpg

eb67423f.jpg

34e2e8f0.jpg

af7c267d.jpg

03f29c03.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Out of interest Dave, why have you tanked over the Marmox board faces with Mapegum? I always seal joints, then tape & Mapegum for piece of mind, but tanking an already waterproof tanking board could prove to be very time consuming & costly

D

davemul

Just for peace of mind mate. I'm paying attention to the tape and taped over screws/washers really. But I have the mapegum so may aswell use it

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have you got all the correct tile cutting gear Dave?

What tiles are you using again?

Also I hope the cuts all work out for you with all those niches, we don't want to see and nasty slithers! :smilewinkgrin:

D

davemul

Tiles are just ceramics mate. I've got a wet tile cutter that I bought to do the kitchen... Will prob be ok with that, might get a new blade for it...

No pressure... Thanks Bob! :lol:

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen