Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

get yourself a good manual cutter mate, it will save you so much time and give you good quality cuts (no chipping of the tile) i'd recommend a sigma but i'm sure one or 2 on here may mention a rubi. you could always sell it after to recoup most of your money.

M

Mike

i'm sure you can sell them on ebay when you finish, or keep them for your next project

I

Ian

Just get a second hand one or buy new and resell after, rubi, sigma and montolit cutters always seem to get very close to their retail prices if they haven't had much use. Like Mike said, well worth getting one as you will get a much neater finish and save a stack load of time,

M

Mike

my sigma (600mm cut) cost me 270 , i just bought a sigma 6 this week (350mm cut) was 160. well worth the money i.m.o.

D

davemul

Floor tiles are 330x330
Walls are 500x330

£270...ouch! :yikes:

what if I need to do L cuts (damn niches)

M

Mike

with 'L' cuts i cut the short one with the electric cutter then cut the other with the manual cutter

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
When I started up I only had a wet wheel cutter and I did a few bathrooms with it and it took me ages, it chips the tile edge as well. When I got my manual cutter I could cut a tile in 5 seconds rather than 2 minutes. It changed my life.

Deffo get a manual cutter.

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen