Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i still got around 300, i'm hoping they'll go up again as i need the money to pay off my mortgage. i'll let you know when i need a broker :thumbsup:

D

davemul

Yes I would hold on to them if/when till they hit the middle 40's then offload :smilewinkgrin:

M

Mike

they've been mid forties for around six months till recently, i'm going to be greedy and hold on to them and try for more. rio tinto can be a bit of a risk though as when they bought out alcan they had the biggest debt of any british company at the time (£20 billion)

D

Diggins1

c'mon guys, dont ruin this thread with talk of money!!

Just joined the site and was hooked on this thread instantly!!! Cracking work on the bathroom, good to see a job done as it should be! Its pretty clear you've been a tiler for years, you just never realised it! (hooked on straight lines perfect angles) :)

Can't wait to see the finished product, especially that glowing flusher!! :)

P.s, when will you be starting the blog for the extra bathroom your gonna have to build so this one can remain perfect forever? :)

D

davemul

Yeah sorry about the work waffle! Not much to update really this week as i'm back at work.

Underfloor heating arrived yesterday. Floor laser level arrives today. I need to order some SLC today and ssome bits and bobs. Finish plumbing the dry deck to the soil stack and test it, then lay the UFH and self level over it.
Oh and need to buy the mosaics for the shower tray / niches too
and the TV for the wall.. stock keeps being delayed!

Also just looked at shower screens.. ouch, pricey!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davemul

Had a spare few hours so put the shower wall up today. Ran out of sealant now though! ugh

0057a2d1.jpg

4103fd8f.jpg

e8bdcb46.jpg

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nice work Dave,

Yes I really like those Grohe valves, you have certain flexibility regarding how far it goes in or out as long as your tiles fall within the margin. Then simply trim the blue casing to the tile finish, just make sure its dead level especially if you have a rectangular facia plate as there's no adjustment that way.

Be aware of the fixed showerhead aswell, have you taken into account the tile/adhesive thickness in regard to the shower arm flange? Nothing worse than a load of thread showing or even worse if the flange/coller bottoms out on the tiles before it scews tight. You also need to make sure it tightens at the right place. Ever fitted an outside tap?

Last edited:
D

davemul

I must admit bob, when the mixer first arrived and I saw how deep it was I thought.. BLOODY HELL that will never fit...

then I read the instructions! :lol:

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen