Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

are you starting on the walls now? i'd leave the floor now till last to prevent dirtying or damaging it

D

davemul

are you starting on the walls now? i'd leave the floor now till last to prevent dirtying or damaging it

I am Mike, just making a measuring stick with the wall tiles so I can plan a few niches.

walls are going to be fun! as the studs have measurements of their own! going to have to make lots of new studs to avoid wasting too much board!

M

Mike

i'd check how straight the studs are too, a lot of them old lathe and plaster walls were bowed. i screw new studs adjecent to the old ones if i need to straighten the wall

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Bob, thanks mate :)

Cold feed to the bath is from the water tank in the loft (which then goes on to feed the pump then on to the shower). Hot water cylinder is also fed from a tank in the loft too mate.

Sound ok?

Yes thats fine. the feeds are balanced as they should be.

What is the size of your loft tank, 25, 50, 100 gallon?

D

davemul

Indeed Mike, I had to basically re-stud the wall I did today

Bob, not sure on the tank sizes im afraid

Well, one wall done .. 4 more to go! I cant believe this took me ALL day! :prrr:

still need to put some 6mm boards inside the niches and cut the centre.

fc7d327c.jpg

ee923107.jpg

cfcd8df9.jpg

faee3024.jpg

30bb8606.jpg

This little guy tried to help clean up by chewing everything

99f0e338.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Just a tip.... you should be staggering the boards joints , this helps prevent straight line stress cracking.

D

davemul

Ahh, thanks, will be sure to stagger the remaining walls as they wont have niches. Completely slipped my mind! I remembered for the floor though! :oops:

Yup its a Stabila. Has been a god send for the walls!

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes its hard work doing a bathroom, especially on your own. Stressfull too on the bigger jobs as you have to do a good job for the customer while all the time being careful not to out stay your welcome.

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen