Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

You look like you're having a lot of fun doing this Dave, are you going to consider a career change if all goes well?

M

Mike

i see that's a warmup kit you have there. i find them expensive, did you not get a quote from uheat? i do find the warmup better for covering as the cable is approx 3mm whereas the uheat is 5mm

D

davemul

You look like you're having a lot of fun doing this Dave, are you going to consider a career change if all goes well?

errr. prob not Bri to be honest.. its more of a labour of love.. and the fact we have no bathroom till I finish it!

Mike, its actually a kit from a company called living heat. They do really good dual core kits, low depth. Im just a ponce and have to have a fancy touch screen thermostat so went for the warmup 3IE. I have another two to install downstairs for the conservatory and the kitchen. £100 a pop, bit pricey now I think about it!

M

Mike

that thermostat would be compatible with the uheat cable as i relaid a floor (i never laid it originally) and the original (warmup) cable was damaged and they wanted 250 for a new cable but i sourced one from uheat for half the price. uheat tech support confirmed the new cable was compatible with the warmup thermostat and sensor. it may save you some money if you haven't purchased the full kit yet

D

davemul

The living heat cables were cheaper than uheat Mike...

I have about 14 m2 downstairs (200w) a 3.5m2 (150w) for the bathroom

the service was also second to none, I would thoroughly recommend trying them sometime :thumbsup:

saying that, downstairs is all installed just not connected up. But the multimeter readings are bang on so should be fine! (touches wood!)

M

Mike

The living heat cables were cheaper than uheat Mike...

I have about 14 m2 downstairs (200w) a 3.5m2 (150w) for the bathroom

the service was also second to none, I would thoroughly recommend trying them sometime :thumbsup:

saying that, downstairs is all installed just not connected up. But the multimeter readings are bang on so should be fine! (touches wood!)
thanks, but i never bother buying it myself dave, i just pass on the numbers to my customers and let them buy them.

D

davemul

How many times can one burn themselves with a glue gun!? I have no fingertips left

few bits done today

0d621f89.jpg

0db478c9.jpg

ba6f82c8.jpg

ebc05893.jpg

350f8c1c.jpg

d7f06d8c.jpg

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen