Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss ats diamond tools in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Concrete guy

We're working on blade products for Porcelain right now. We've a few more test blades on their way in this week.

We've come from a stone masonry background so most of our blade products have been manufactured for natural stone and granite, they work great on the products their designed for but right now we're not the blade of choice for porcelain and hard ceramics.

We are working on it and a couple of forum members get our test blades as soon as they arrive. Based on the last couple we made they can only get better!

G

Gazzer

bugger...price was ultra nice lol

have you tried the dry corers for the angle grinder neale?

No I havent but I do get a good sense of security ( if thats the right word) with ATS , they produce something that isnt cutting the mustard so its back to the drawing board and they will come up with something that suits the job. I like this.

I am not sure if anyone else has tried those cores you mention, I and other have tried the standard drill cores with very pleasing results.

C

Concrete guy

We've sold a lot of the dry cores abroad, they seem to be used more frequently in mainland Europe than here. Plus masons use them for coring tap holes in 20mm & 30mm stone.

We have the adaptor in transit this week which I think will make them more appealing to the UK market. This converts the M14 thread to an 8mm Hex so each bit has a dual use, in a drill or grinder.

M14toHex_zpsd5456662.jpg

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i used the dry cores from montolit in the past and they were excellent i prefer the higher speed as well think ill put an order in

C

Concrete guy

Was this the type you've previously used?

DIAMOND CORE-BITS FOR DRY DRILLING-MONDRILLO_FS

Actually Montolit produce a video showing how these bits should be used, if this isn't a product you've used before it's quite interesting.

These are vacuum brazed dry bits. The idea of rotating the drill during cutting is to clear cut material from the cutting head and reduce friction. If you cut in the traditional manner it shortens the life of the drill bit considerably.

[video=youtube;KoOsJ3QMbAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KoOsJ3QMbAs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
have armeg core cutting set cost a fortune and has to be used wet, So will be intrested in dry cutting.

- - - Updated - - -

have armeg core cutting set cost a fortune and has to be used wet, So will be intrested in dry cutting.

P

Peter

Been using these two sizes week in week out since September and still look like they're hardly broken in.

image.jpg

C

Concrete guy

Do you make a jig or template to use the 115mm bit Peter?

They are quiet unwieldy things.

Reply to ats diamond tools in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks