Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone mitre tiles on a dry cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Grace'sDad

Phew! That would have been embarrasing if I'd not known after all this time.:joker:

R

ryanbrown

yep, i was looking to cut 45 degree angles for window reveals instead of using trim, but i was wondering if there was a way of doing it without using a wetsaw.
Can the Montolit masterpiuma 63 do that? or can these sort of cuts only be done on a wet saw?

S

sWe

I'm a Montolit man myself, but I'm not aware of any accessories for the Montolit dry cutter range which can do mitre/jolly cuts. I normally dislike Rubi, but they do have a cutting accessory for that purpose..

45° Punching Tool @ BuyBrandTools

You score the back face of the tile repeatedly with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

i have done it with the old rubi cutters used to have a 45 deg cutter with ts 30 40 60 but it don't work very well was better with a chisel and rasp thats how i used to do it everything miterd :pete

G

Grace'sDad

So are those punching tools for "scraping" out a 45degree groove in ceramics? I'd like to see one used.

I guess I stand corrected!!!

M

MICK the Tiler

I use my trusty old angle grinder for edge miters, takes a bit of practice but can be done as well as any wet cutter can. :thumbsup:

M

MICK the Tiler

You just need a very steady hand. :thumbsup:

Failing that the wet saw is the go. If you have to miter a cut edge, first cut the tile to size on your normal snap cutter then tidy the jagged edge with a hand diamond stone, then wet saw but don't try and cut right up to the glazed edge as it will chip just cut 1mm below it leaving enough biscuit to support the glazed edge.

P

Perry

only joking mate been mitering tiles for 25 years regards Pete just liked your location Brisbane Australia :joker:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Anyone mitre tiles on a dry cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen