Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Lol, how long has the screed been down?

Pumped in on the 9th of July.

They are pushing to get the floors tiled.
Be about another 6 weeks before the floor is probably ready for tiling.

Got asked today if we could fit some sort of Mat (membrane) to speed up the process.
Can anything be put on a Gyvlon screed to speed up the process?

D

DHTiling

NO!!! you can't , the only way to speed up the drying is to force dry it , is it heated,.?

S

Stef

It's getting forced dried just now Dave.
The heating has been on for just over 2 weeks.
I told them I didn't think you could do anything else to aid drying but I would ask the question.
It's not been sanded yet, I told them to sand it after 2 weeks but its still not been done.
We will see what they want to do..

S

Stef

How high have they got the heat..?

Not sure as they rigged up a small cylinder heater to heat the floor.
It's running almost full pelt & the house is boiling.
The heating will eventually be source fed from below the field out the back of the house with a 10kw heater in the house.
One of these "Green" efficient heating systems.
The moisture in the house was unbelievable a couple of weeks ago, it was running down the insides of the windows.
Windows are open all day now to let the moisture escape.
Guys that were on site today reckon another 6 weeks before the screed will be anywhere near dry.

D

DHTiling

That seems a long time .. ? but this does depend on the heat of the screed though ... if it is only say 20dgs then it should be around double that to force it dry in 2 weeks or so , so the lower the temp and poor ventilation , then it will take longer.

S

Stef

Dave, I'm going to check in the morning & get them to get it turned up as far as possible.
As soon as the hygrometer was put on the floor it was registering 70+rh, wasn't even on an hour & it was up at 100%.
I reset the box & moved it about 6 feet & sanded a patch for it to sit on.
40mins later & we were almost off the scale again.

G

Gazzer

The hygrometer needs to be in place for 24 hours before turning it on, then a further 24 before the reading is taken.

Reply to Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen