Currently reading:
Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them?

Discuss Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Well we had a good bit of news today regarding this installation,
The heating is getting turned down & switched off & there is a further moisture test taking place next week.
Hopefully they are starting to listen to me regarding this screed.

On another note the builder foned Bal technical & they told him, "contact Schluter, they have a membrane that you can put down on it".

I'm glad that you guys on here have put me in the picture as this kind of advice is not helpful.

oh good more advice to contend with.... Ditra can in theory be placed on an anhydrite screed at 2% moisture but what do you stick it down with. Schluter tend to recommend BaL which is fine but BaL adhesive is cement based and their recomendation is that the screed is primed using APD primer. APD primer is only recommended on screeds below 0.5% moisture. You could use a calcium sulphate adhesive to stick it down with but schluter wont give you a recomendation for that as they have not tested it.... Catch 22.

Stick to your guns STEF and don't stick anything down until YOU are certain of its success. If you want my advice that will be when it has been force dried, cooled, moisture tested, proven suitably dry, sanded and vacuumed

S

Stef

oh good more advice to contend with.... Ditra can in theory be placed on an anhydrite screed at 2% moisture but what do you stick it down with. Schluter tend to recommend BaL which is fine but BaL adhesive is cement based and their recomendation is that the screed is primed using APD primer. APD primer is only recommended on screeds below 0.5% moisture. You could use a calcium sulphate adhesive to stick it down with but schluter wont give you a recomendation for that as they have not tested it.... Catch 22.

Stick to your guns STEF and don't stick anything down until YOU are certain of its success. If you want my advice that will be when it has been force dried, cooled, moisture tested, proven suitably dry, sanded and vacuumed

Alan, thanks for that.
I'm sticking to my guns & not laying a tile till I'm happy that this instillation won't fail.
Funnily enough Bal told them about APD, I explained that I had an acrylic primer already on site, PR360 as I mostly use weber.
I've already been on the Phone to lee @ tile town about AnhyFix from tile master & explained I can go over this floor at 85 rh.
Will they listen? Only time will tell..

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Alan, thanks for that.
I'm sticking to my guns & not laying a tile till I'm happy that this instillation won't fail.
Funnily enough Bal told them about APD, I explained that I had an acrylic primer already on site, PR360 as I mostly use weber.
I've already been on the Phone to lee @ tile town about AnhyFix from tile master & explained I can go over this floor at 85 rh.
Will they listen? Only time will tell..

What type of tiles are they stef?

Reply to Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement