Currently reading:
Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them?

Discuss Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I am doing one as we speak. I am 100% confident on how to deal with them having done approx, 250 m2 now. Follow the correct procedures and you will be fine; remove laitence, then moisture test after this has been done, commission UFH, then moisture test again, use a suitable gypsum based adhesive to either stick tiles or any membranes and always tank any areas that are likely to get wet.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
I am doing one as we speak. I am 100% confident on how to deal with them having done approx, 250 m2 now. Follow the correct procedures and you will be fine; remove laitence, then moisture test after this has been done, commission UFH, then moisture test again, use a suitable gypsum based adhesive to either stick tiles or any membranes and always tank any areas that are likely to get wet.

Are gypsum screeds/adhesive used in wet area bri?...

D

Dave H

Hi Dave, dont like tiling on them as allways an element of doubt, but have now laid in the region of 600m2 on to it, though
most has been hemihydrate screed (mayhew easyscreed), same beast/ different name! havent tried gypsum adhesives yet, but always use black pad on polisher to sand floor, hoover, check moisture content is at low enough reading and prime with Bal APD two coats, first diluted 1-1 neat 2nd coat, then lay ditra and tile. worked so far, but still worry about it!

D

DHTiling

In the first house I did all the bathrooms were wet rooms and all of them had calcium floors, all waterproofed with dural ci++ and corners/joints taped, lapped 100mm up the walls as well.

I have had a few wet floors now with Gyvlon and the latest was Gypsol .. as you , i fully waterproof them out to prevent any water getting to the screed.. these screeds are poured long before we get to know the use of the room ..

I

Ian

Question..
How do you know what the screed is?
Say the screed has been down a couple of years & no one knows who poured it, how do you test to find out if its concrete or a calcium screed?

That is a good question Stef, I don't know if there is an official test that can be done but, they are a different colour to S&C, sort of a yellow colour. If the floor has been carpeted there's a fair chance the laitence will still be there as well, normally some around the edges where the sander couldn't reach, I had to do the edges on this one I'm doing, the sander the builder used left a 100mm band by the walls!!!

S

Stef

Well Moisture test done today,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376416966.557909.jpg

Start tiling tomorrow!!

S

Stef

How high have they got the heat..?

Not sure as they rigged up a small cylinder heater to heat the floor.
It's running almost full pelt & the house is boiling.
The heating will eventually be source fed from below the field out the back of the house with a 10kw heater in the house.
One of these "Green" efficient heating systems.
The moisture in the house was unbelievable a couple of weeks ago, it was running down the insides of the windows.
Windows are open all day now to let the moisture escape.
Guys that were on site today reckon another 6 weeks before the screed will be anywhere near dry.

Reply to Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement