Search the forum,

Discuss XXL tiles - how to cut? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

N

NZ_Tiler

That's a silly size.

Are we really just doing this to not see grout joints?

Are people who are buying them thinking it's going to fool other people into thinking they have a room built from solid marble? lol

I think they're pushing for more fascade applications

F

Flintstone

That decide to close the Joints up, never seen one of them before, is that really necessary ?

O

Old Mod

That decide to close the Joints up, never seen one of them before, is that really necessary ?
What was that Andy, a seaming tool?
A sucker on both tiles and it pulls them together?
Can be useful, sometimes there's so much suction generated,it's difficult to move them when they're fully bedded that last couple of mil without fear of breaking them.

F

Flintstone

Yeah that's the tool, I would have thought the handles on the regular suckers would be enough. Have you got a seaming tool?

O

Old Mod

Yeah that's the tool, I would have thought the handles on the regular suckers would be enough. Have you got a seaming tool?
Trouble is sometimes on the larger stuff when you want to bring it together that last mil or so it's oh so very easy to dink corners together if you use too much force, surely you've done it? :D
So that tool brings them together slowly without that risk.
I don't actually mate, been on the lookout for a while tho.
I know I won't use it a lot, so reluctant to buy a new one. They start at about £150, there is one I've found for about £100, just don't like the look of it.

F

Flintstone

Yes I have done just that and it's seriously annoying, that annoyance is probably amplified when the tile is so much bigger!
Can't you knock something up? a man of your means.

O

Old Mod

Yes I have done just that and it's seriously annoying, that annoyance is probably amplified when the tile is so much bigger!
Can't you knock something up? a man of your means.
Often thought about it, it's just that when you have the time, you don't remember you need to do it. Haha

Reply to XXL tiles - how to cut? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen