Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss XXL tiles - how to cut? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

Grime

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All - a client wants his newly screeded floor tiled and is seriously talking about using massive ones: 2.4m x 1.2m.

If any of you have worked with tiles that big, what saw/cutter did you use to cut them?

The client wants 2mm grout lines - do you think there'd be any problems with this?

All advice appreciated. Ta.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Which tile manufacturer makes the large tiles your customer wants?
The quality, as with all tiles, usually comes down to who made them.

So the 2mm grout joint might be fine with one firm, but not with another.

So I just wondered. Not that I've installed any large tiles myself, I just thought the information would be handy for the others when they read the thread. :)

OP
G

Grime

Lol. Sorry, I get you now. The manufacturer is Concept Tiles. The manufacturer's website says 2mm grout joints are fine, but I've never used tiles that big. I know the quality of the tiles and especially the sharpness of the edge ate the big considerations, but I'd still appreciate some advice or hear the experience of anybody who's worked with tiles that big.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
@3_fall is pretty good with huge tiles ;)

Apparently your https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ choice and mixture is important. And perhaps using some kind of levelling system. You need to guarantee 100% coverage still. Which is very hard to do with such a large tile. Apparently doing a sloppier mix is the way to go.

But like I say, don't listen to me. :)

OP
I

Italy

Yes I did! :p
images

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to XXL tiles - how to cut? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock