Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss XXL tiles - how to cut? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

That decide to close the Joints up, never seen one of them before, is that really necessary ?
What was that Andy, a seaming tool?
A sucker on both tiles and it pulls them together?
Can be useful, sometimes there's so much suction generated,it's difficult to move them when they're fully bedded that last couple of mil without fear of breaking them.

F

Flintstone

Yeah that's the tool, I would have thought the handles on the regular suckers would be enough. Have you got a seaming tool?

O

Old Mod

Yeah that's the tool, I would have thought the handles on the regular suckers would be enough. Have you got a seaming tool?
Trouble is sometimes on the larger stuff when you want to bring it together that last mil or so it's oh so very easy to dink corners together if you use too much force, surely you've done it? :D
So that tool brings them together slowly without that risk.
I don't actually mate, been on the lookout for a while tho.
I know I won't use it a lot, so reluctant to buy a new one. They start at about £150, there is one I've found for about £100, just don't like the look of it.

F

Flintstone

Yes I have done just that and it's seriously annoying, that annoyance is probably amplified when the tile is so much bigger!
Can't you knock something up? a man of your means.

O

Old Mod

Yes I have done just that and it's seriously annoying, that annoyance is probably amplified when the tile is so much bigger!
Can't you knock something up? a man of your means.
Often thought about it, it's just that when you have the time, you don't remember you need to do it. Haha

Reply to XXL tiles - how to cut? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks