Search the forum,

Discuss Wonky window reveal cuts - how to fix/cover? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

treetops

Hi Guys,

I've almost finished my first tiling job (complete bathroom) and I'm pretty pleased with it, apart from one thing - around the window.

Basically around the window is where I started laying and i made a huge mistake by thinking that the edging strips sat over the tile, not realising that it butted up instead. This meant that i wasnt too fussed about the straightness of my cuts as i thought they'd be covered. (though i did square the window up using the tiles)
Once i brought the edging and realised how it went my heart sank.

I'm now thinking of straightening up the edges with my small angle grinder but i am worried to death that i will end up messing it up even more. I really don't want to take the tiles off and do around the window again, so i was wondering can you get edging that lips over/ covers the edge of the tiles? I could not find a picture of anything on the internet.

The tiles i used are 13inch ceramic.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Many thanks!

T

treetops

Thanks guys, here's some pics as requested-

IMG_5536.jpg
IMG_5545.jpg
IMG_5554.jpg

Cheers!

P

prceramics

tidy up with a grinder or multi tool you will need a really good blade in the grinder or the glaze will chip

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would use a coarse and a fine diamond pad and as Sir Ramic said do it by hand, you'll be surprised how quickly ceramics can be sanded and finished nicely :thumbsup:

I

Ian

Looks decent to me, it'll be fine after a bit of elbow grease filing/rubbing down. Why did you grout the walls before fitting the window reveal?

T

tfs

an orbital sander would make light work of this task ;) pencil a plumb line down the tile first to help keep it consistent and straight

my worry would be that a grinder or carborundum block may chip the glaze of the tile

Reply to Wonky window reveal cuts - how to fix/cover? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen