Discuss white limestone discoloration after cleaning, please help in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

seb seb

just after, but I went there following day and the same, and i went there today and still the same. i was thinking that it might go after few weeks, but to leave them for few weeks i would have to seal them but if i seal the tiles now before i find out what caused the stains, i will have to remove the sealant again if the stains dont go away...

E

enduro

The floor could of had a color intensifier applied to it when it was installed and you have removed most of it from the stone but not all of it. Did you use Tile Doctors sealer & coating remover?

S

seb seb

yes, first I have used Tile Doctor Pro-Clean Tile, Stone and Grout Cleaner and I saw the stains than I have used the sealer remover to remove the sealer and then I used again Pro-Clean Tile, Stone and Grout Cleaner and NanoTech Ultra Clean penetrating Tile & Stone Clean. then I thought that I removed just some of previous sealer and I decided to get the scrubbing machine to remove all the sealant and then I have repited the cleaning method as before and still the same. I tried today to use sand paper and the got a bit better but stains still there. I dont know what I should do next. House is still empty but everyone is coming back next week and I have to resolve the problem before I seal the tiles.

E

enduro

It so difficult to advise with only photos. The trouble is this damage could have been there before you started cleaning due to wrong cleaners being used on the floor. Did you do a test area on the floor when you quoted the job?

S

seb seb

i did the test before i started the cleaning but not before I quoted..... i am soooo behind already! I need to get rid of those stains asap or prove that they were there before I started the cleaning! trouble is how find out if they were there or I have done it..?

E

enduro

I would have another go with the sealer & coating remover. Put this on the stains and leave to dwell for 30mins. Do not let it dry out and do not add water until you you want to clean it off.

D

DHTiling

Do you know what limestone it is?

Hard to tell by the pics

It certainly is a lot cleaner than before and I think given the state of those tiles pre clean, they would be happy

S

seb seb

sorry stupid question, I just wanted to have an idea that I dont charge to little for next time.. This was almost for free because my main job was to do two bathrooms and I have offered the cleaning of the kitchen floor for additional 100 just to make the client happy but this was a huge mistake and such a nightmare! oh people learning on mistakes..

Reply to white limestone discoloration after cleaning, please help in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks