Discuss white limestone discoloration after cleaning, please help in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

seb seb

yes I took one and one I got from the company who sold me the cleaning equipments. But now I would like to get one more mainly about stones tiles. do you know any trainings running in next few weeks?

D

DHTiling

So you cleaned a stone floor without knowledge of what you were doing .

Jesus,good luck

E

enduro

So you cleaned a stone floor without knowledge of what you were doing .

Jesus,good luck

I think he knows that now Dave...Cleaning ceramics etc is easy. Natural stone you need to do a survey of the floor, clean several test areas so the customer can see the results. Also holes on travertine, cracked tiles, loose grout etc and to check for etching on the surface due to wrong cleaners being used. I always spend time doing this and once customer is happy i get them to sign the survey form.

S

seb seb

yes I am new to this business and I feel like the training I took was not enough as I like things done properly and that’s why I came here for help. I am taking another IICRC Tile & GROUT SCHOOL but training is training, you get to be a master after years of experience. Please don’t think that I’m a cowboy, if I was I wouldn’t come here for help, I would just take the money from customers and go but I want to give best I can give. I am asking for second opinion and thanks to people with experience like you I can get a proper advice, thanks for this guys in advance!

S

seb seb

ohh and do you think that my method of next cleaning is correct? I am planing to clean this floor with high alkaline cleaner, using scrubbing machine and spinner with about 800psi and after seal them. IMG_0712.jpg

E

enduro

ohh and do you think that my method of next cleaning is correct? I am planing to clean this floor with high alkaline cleaner, using scrubbing machine and spinner with about 800psi and after seal them. View attachment 26941

Just need to explain to customer that efflorecence could appear once cleaned...I dont use a spinner as i think they are to harsh on natural stone. All you need is the right chemicals and dwell time a rotary scrubber and a good wet vac. Keep the spinner for ceramics.

W

White Room

If you know the answers why are you asking. I'm not being pedantic but why ask if you seem to know the what machine is required for the job.

Reply to white limestone discoloration after cleaning, please help in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks