Discuss white limestone discoloration after cleaning, please help in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

seb seb

Hi Everyone, I really hope you can help!
My first job was to clean white limestone tiles. I cleaned it with high pressure machine but it looked like was not cleaned ( there were white spots and tiles looked discolored) than I have used Tile Doctor Remove product to remove the sealer and then I used Pro-Clean Tile, Stone and Grout Cleaner and NanoTech Ultra Clean penetrating Tile & Stone Clean but the limestone tiles still look discolored. Than I used scrubbing machine and still the same problem. I really need your advise what to do to get solid white color before I seal the tiles. I have attached the photo. Any advice highly appreciated!

Many thanks IMG_0723.jpg

J

jay

Hi there seems to be a lot of cracked tiles in pic is that the effect you want .and are tiles solid theres a bit of grout missing in places

S

seb seb

Hi Jey,

cracks were already there, tiles are solid, there was a bit missing grout but all is solid.

D

diamondtiling

Did you use a high pressure washer inside a property? You say this is your first job, is it your floor or a customers?

S

seb seb

I used floor scrubbing machine and portable 1200 with turbo hybrid spinner, yes I just started tiles cleaning business.

R

Rich

If all is solid, why are the tiles cracked and the grout coming away? Do you know what the substrate is? If there is grout missing and cracked tiles, the water may have gone through and damaged the substrate.

As for the stains, how long have the tiles been down? What has caused the staining? Limestone is very sensitive to acids, be very careful what cleaners you use on it as you may make it a lot worse.

H

hillhead

Something going on with this floor, stone is so easily stained as most of us know.

S

seb seb

thing is that before cleaning there was no signs of this stains, after cleaning they have appeared. I have used a mild alkaline-based cleaner which should not make discoloration. . Or do you thing that the stains were there but because were dirty the stains were not visible? those tiles are about ten years old.

S

seb seb

first photo is before IMG_0667.jpg IMG_0670.jpg

second is after cleaning IMG_0723.jpg
pencil.png

Attachments

• IMG_0719.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to white limestone discoloration after cleaning, please help in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks