Currently reading:
When do you do your cuts?

Search the forum,

Discuss When do you do your cuts? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

i prefer to cut and fix as i go...i would also rather work out my cuts 1st on large areas and real them off so there all done and also ready to fix as i go, rather than doing the field tiles on one day and then doing the cuts the next or when the addy has dried sufficiently..

dom is right about this time issue thing..tiling is a finsihing trade so therefore the quality of your finish is the most important issue. its so much more important to spend that little bit extra time on measuring accurately and precise cutting because thats what people will notice and thats what builds you reputation and the money you can jusifyable charge imo..

ed...

Smaller rooms I always do them as I go so I can finish in one day, i.e. anything around 10m2.

Anything more than that and it is really down to what mood I'm in, as daft as that sounds:lol:If I'm not in the mood, I'll fix all the full tiles, so psychologically it looks like I've done loads:lol: other days I might cut as I go, there isn't really a right or wrong way as long as the finished job is spot on:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Just for amateurs IMHO - and it does depend on the adhesive!
A professional would set out a floor to be able to lay all the tiles in one proceedure and have the floor grouted within the time guidlines of the adhesive manufacturers. It would not be cost effective for the tiling contractor or the customer if the work took longer than the recommended adhesive drying/grouting times.
However if you are asking in terms of a DIY job involving immense enthuisiam then I would concur that the overriding factor being that of the enjoyment and quality of the job and the satisfaction of knowing that you have completed a first class job - no matter how long it took!.

Reply to When do you do your cuts? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.