Currently reading:
What's The Best Adhesive To Fit Porcel-thin Tiles?

Search the forum,

Discuss What's The Best Adhesive To Fit Porcel-thin Tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

platinum-tiling-trowel.jpg

Platinum trowels, what are they Mark?

These and the notches are pretty deep

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Is Setaflex a nice moist mix or something? What's the criteria for a good adhesive for it?
well you need an adhesive thats not full of sand one that gives a tolrance on adding a little more water as stiff adhesive will fight you back on large format setaflex with a 10mm tight touth radney works the best so far giving 90% plus on walls with a single serate

R

well on the last training day on porcel -thin i learned a lot but did not know it at the time then went to a training day in birmingham to see how they fit the 3.5 mm they got it all wrong but got me thinking back to our training day the last piece of the jigsaw fell into place on the way back talking to gary we work it out the perfect adhesive needed for all floors and walls with large format tiles .so went back to the wharehouse and played about and it worked so easy .

R

And the perfect adhesive I take it was TM....
no i was like an old witch mix a bit of this a bit of that a spinkel of this and a dab of that hey presto with a bucket of water and a gauging trowel and a bit of back to front thinking managed to do in less than 25mins .what all the big names have failed to do in 10 years but they have got white coats and have never fixed a tile in there lives so they should know better than us with there huge research labs ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
no i was like an old witch mix a bit of this a bit of that a spinkel of this and a dab of that hey presto with a bucket of water and a gauging trowel and a bit of back to front thinking managed to do in less than 25mins .what all the big names have failed to do in 10 years but they have got white coats and have never fixed a tile in there lives so they should know better than us with there huge research labs ;)
Did you start a fresh sand/cement mix then and add some additives and whatnot?

This time next year rodney!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
a little more complex than that
Sorry that did sound like I'd made it more basic but I actually meant as opposed to sand and cement mix which is the less complex I guess because it's quite raw/basic.

With adhesive you're testing a lot to get the qty's right because a little change will do quite a lot because of the additives in the mix.

Reply to What's The Best Adhesive To Fit Porcel-thin Tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around the edges of most tiles (800x800) and a small amount on the back. Whats the best method of cleaning...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement