Search the forum,

Discuss What tile adhesive to go for? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rhodri

Great! And mix it all up by hand can I or should I borrow a mixer off my plasterer mate and flexi tub?

Which Mapei Adesilex P? 9?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GoneGuy

I would recommend knocking all old tiles off, reboard with plasterboard and use a cement board in wet area/shower.
Doing this will give you a nice flat surface for you to start off.
As said in other posts use a cement based (powder) adhesive and mix with a paddle mixer in a flexi tub and make sure you follow mixing guides on the bag.
As with trowel size 10mm should be good as if you re board you will have a nice flat surface so you won’t have to pack out any tiles.

R

Rookery

Yes Mapei P Nine. Someone's nicked the number off my keyboard. You can mix by hand but its better to use a clean whisk.

R

Rhodri

Due due, looks like I have to order this P9 adhesive online, can't source it local anywhere!

R

Rookery

There's lots of alternatives but I'd get it from CTD Cardiff. It's not expensive. Tile Giant have it too or there's other slow set powders by other manufacturers such as BAL.

R

Rookery

Ring them up,
Ask if its in stock
Ask how much is it
say "how much" in a loud voice
See what they'll do it for.
Should be under £18
Never take an on line price for something like this

Reply to What tile adhesive to go for? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen