Search the forum,

Discuss What primer and adhesive - underfloor calcium sulphate in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

In 12 years of tiling and my fair share of calcium-sulphate screeds, how many would I say were suitable for an unbonded installation?
1 or 2 at the most.

D

Dumbo

Me and harry would be ok we have a quality screed installer down here . Each one is bang on . As regards moisture it says 1.5 %cm I expect that's the same as by volume . Just wonder what it is rh as that is what most of us will measure by .

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Me and harry would be ok we have a quality screed installer down here . Each one is bang on . As regards moisture it says 1.5 %cm I expect that's the same as by volume . Just wonder what it is rh as that is what most of us will measure by .
I asked the bal rep what rh is acceptable for the flex one when I met them at my local topps to which he replied he wasn't sure.he said he would get back to me (about five weeks ago) .even though it's been tried and tested on the continent for the last ten years(I think) ?I'm still a little optimistic about it

H

hmtiling

That's not really the answer . I think schluter say 2%by volume with a cement based adhesive and I've never been able to find out what that is as a rh figure .
Rh changes with ambient temperature. It's a little confusing to me. Not the hardest thing to achieve

J

Just Rizzle

ive never used and will never use any cement based adhesive on a anhydrite floor.i must of done 50 plus floors which are anhydrite based, i always use tile masters anhyfix.to ether fix tiles or decoupling mat once mat is laid you can use a cement based adhesive

D

Dumbo

ive never used and will never use any cement based adhesive on a anhydrite floor.i must of done 50 plus floors which are anhydrite based, i always use tile masters anhyfix.to ether fix tiles or decoupling mat once mat is laid you can use a cement based adhesive
I did an alpha hemi hydrate screed where I had to put a cut tile until the next stage of work was completed . When I had to remove said tile to continue tiling , it didn't want to come up , it was well bonded to the screed and that was done with a cement based adhesive .

Reply to What primer and adhesive - underfloor calcium sulphate in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen