Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What primer and adhesive - underfloor calcium sulphate in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

In 12 years of tiling and my fair share of calcium-sulphate screeds, how many would I say were suitable for an unbonded installation?
1 or 2 at the most.

D

Dumbo

Me and harry would be ok we have a quality screed installer down here . Each one is bang on . As regards moisture it says 1.5 %cm I expect that's the same as by volume . Just wonder what it is rh as that is what most of us will measure by .

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Me and harry would be ok we have a quality screed installer down here . Each one is bang on . As regards moisture it says 1.5 %cm I expect that's the same as by volume . Just wonder what it is rh as that is what most of us will measure by .
I asked the bal rep what rh is acceptable for the flex one when I met them at my local topps to which he replied he wasn't sure.he said he would get back to me (about five weeks ago) .even though it's been tried and tested on the continent for the last ten years(I think) ?I'm still a little optimistic about it

H

hmtiling

That's not really the answer . I think schluter say 2%by volume with a cement based adhesive and I've never been able to find out what that is as a rh figure .
Rh changes with ambient temperature. It's a little confusing to me. Not the hardest thing to achieve

J

Just Rizzle

ive never used and will never use any cement based adhesive on a anhydrite floor.i must of done 50 plus floors which are anhydrite based, i always use tile masters anhyfix.to ether fix tiles or decoupling mat once mat is laid you can use a cement based adhesive

D

Dumbo

ive never used and will never use any cement based adhesive on a anhydrite floor.i must of done 50 plus floors which are anhydrite based, i always use tile masters anhyfix.to ether fix tiles or decoupling mat once mat is laid you can use a cement based adhesive
I did an alpha hemi hydrate screed where I had to put a cut tile until the next stage of work was completed . When I had to remove said tile to continue tiling , it didn't want to come up , it was well bonded to the screed and that was done with a cement based adhesive .

Reply to What primer and adhesive - underfloor calcium sulphate in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks