Search the forum,

Discuss Waterproofing An Aqua Dec in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, feedback from our technical department..

There is no reason that this should cause an issue, this is because the clamp is not really a clamp, it doesn't pinch the membrane (or vinyl) to make a seal.

The clamp is not pressing or squeezing the membrane it is purely holding it in compression and forcing it against the bowl. The seal is formed on the underside of the membrane against the curved face of the bowl.
As long as the membrane is under tension and pushed against the curved sealing face of the bowl it will be watertight.

If you'd like to discuss this in further detail with the team who do not have access to this forum please feel free to do so. Forum moderator: In no way whatsoever are we trying to deflect this discussion internally, sometimes its just easier to talk than type.

S

SJPurdy

Impey.
Thanks for your input to the forum. Talking with the tech people may help them understand what the actual problem is. I've not used the product so I am guessing users are questioning whether "the membrane is under tension and pushed against the curved sealing face of the bowl". It is really useful to other potential users of the product (professionals that use this forum) that these answers are given here as well otherwise when they use it they may also end up un-necessarily worrying that there may be design flaws.

Reaction score
Thanks, completely understand and agree. It's open feedback and forums like this that help us, and the industry, design better products. Hopefully we can effectively 'cut corners' with intelligent design so that corners aren't cut on the job.

It would be great to potentially have a dedicated space here on what products members would like to see developed. What day to day frustrations are experienced that us and other manufacturers could help address?

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score

Reply to Waterproofing An Aqua Dec in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen