Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating under a very poor tiling job - advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JON HUME

Advice please chaps - i’m a bit new to all this! I’ve been to a house today where they have had a very poor tiling job done where tiles have come loose, floors not levelled, loads of lipping etc etc. The builder has done a runner and left them in the sh*t!

One thing I saw which I haven’t before is the underfloor heating laid in 2 inch thick polystyrene, then with a thin metal/aluminium sheet and then finally screed laid but very thinly before the tile was then laid on top.

Is this correct? There seems to be a lot of give as the polystyrene is laid directly on a wooden floor. Sorry about the poor pictures but this is the only area where you could see the materials.

Advice and opinion appreciated! Thanks

9050B3C7-FF56-42CC-B4BB-525FF08FBBF7.jpeg 53AAB96E-6EFB-4FAB-8BBF-5C6320D0C5AA.jpeg F71FABD6-5A7A-48CD-9B82-38B7E7AB11DD.jpeg 0690BF66-5F60-489C-8DC0-7EE31A267743.jpeg

Reply to Underfloor heating under a very poor tiling job - advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement