Search the forum,

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andre

Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

Just recently done the tiling course with Darren and co. I would recommend this course to anyone - it was fantastic! :grin: Darren, Tracey and all the gang were a real pleasure to work with.
I completed the 4 day Professional Tiling Course, 1 day Natural Stone and the extra 3 day Advanced Tiling Course all of which were really rewarding and simple when you know how. :smartass: At first it was a bit of an information overload but once I got the hang of it and had a passion for it, it became so interesting that I took all of it in. I feel very confident in tiling now :grin: .
I am really glad I went back for the 2nd week to do the Advanced course as it taught me so much more plus gave me a chance to put what I'd learned the previous week into practice.

Darren also gave us loads of business advice and tips which will really help me as I am starting up my own tiling business.

Well worth the money! :thumbsup:

G

giubs

Great course . Darren really knows his stuff.
all you need to know to become a tilles . the course was really packed with usefull info and tecniques.
would deffenatly reccomend it .
Chris

T

theperfecttile

Great course, just finished 4- day , will return for natural stone course undoubtly, Darren is a no messing around guy he tells it straight and thats what you need! I went from never laying a single tile in my life to doing a Complete ( well almost ) bathroom, with window, border, and wall feature within 4 days, and it looked the dogs dangly bits! I left with the confidence to a job for SOMEONE ELSE which is a milestone from doing your own house!
Oh yea, Porsches are still hairdressers with no friends cars! :joker:

M

MrSpoon

Got back from the 4 day course last night and im absoloutly shattered! the long drive back to derby didnt help tho!
The knowledge i gained was absoloutly phenominal! the course is extremely well structured and ive come away with the knowledge and confidence to go out there and start off my new career, knowing ill be providing a quality service.

Ive a couple of bathrooms to do for friends and all being well ill have my marketing and sales planned out and ready to go in the very near future

Thanks again to Darren & Tracey and their team.
And good luck to everyone who attended the course and those wanting to go on it.

J

JAMES MCK

Hi there, Just been on a course with North East Tiling this week. I have never laid a tile in my life. I am already a plasterer and kept getting asked to do tiling so I decided to go on a course. Spoke to a lady called Tracey. She was very nice and very pleasant. I paid my money and thought no more about it until I went on the course.

I started Monday morning, met Darren and Tracey. Darren spoke in the classroom directly to us. Within 10 minutes I was totally convinced there is nothing that this man and his team do not know about tiling and more importantly the ability of running a business. I got much more than I ever expected from the course. I expected to go and slap some tiles on the wall. How wrong I was! By the afternoon session I was cutting shapes out of tiles. I just could not believe it.

I was filled with so much confidence regarding my own abilities. I went home at night and just could not believe how much I had learned about tiles and looking forward to my next session. I have came away after 1 week and have no hesitation in laying any tiles. I can only suggest to anyone thinking of doing a tiling course to have a look at this one. When Darren talks it is an absolute pleasure to listen to. Thanks very much Darren, Tracey and your team. Jock

N

nicola

I finished my tiling courses a couple of weeks ago and although I am feeling totally confident with my tiling now i couldnt quite work out how to post a message on here until now.:whatchutalkingabout
I completed the 4 day course first and then followed it up with the 3 day extension course and to anyone who has any inclination to do any sort of tiling at all I couldnt recommend them enough. :yes:

During the initial 4 day course I couldnt believe how much I learnt, The course is fast paced but Darren and the team explain everything so well that you always understand what's going on and before you know it you are completing things you would never think possible in a short course. After 4 days I emerged totally knackered but feeling really confident about my potential as a tiler. And just in case I forgot anything I had the bible of the course, all the lesson notes from each day to refer back to. :thumbsup:
Because I hadnt done any tiling before the course I also decided to do the 3 day extension course to enhance my skills and really benefited from this.

There is no classroom based work on this course its all in the workshop and it was great to be able to attempt more challenging problems with the benefit of having the team there in a learning environment. The work we completed during the 3 days was fantastic and has really taken me onto the next level. For anyone who is thinking of a career in tiling I would totally recommend these courses. I would also just want to say a massive thankyou to all of the team, Daren, Tracey, Paul, Colin, Deborah and anyone else I might have missed you were all brilliant and made something that could have been difficult, really simple. :hurray:

R

redeye1979

Just a quick note saying how enjoyable and excellent i found the course, i have just came home after doing the 4 day course last week and was amazed at how much i learned in those four days, from the minute i pulled up on the car park tracey came and introduced herself and from then on i felt relaxed and entusiastic about the days ahead, darren was brilliant, very approachable and very switched on and clued up and you could tell also very experienced, I was sceptical about beig able to learn so much in four days but i needn't ahve been, the course is delivered in such a way that if you're listening it's impossible not to understand. also i'd like to thank everyone on the course (28th apr - 1stmay) for making it such a pleasure to be away from home for the week. There was alot of laughs which made the week go by quicker. (mostly from neil)

Anyway i'm back for the natural stone on the 23rd may and looking forward to it, Once again many many thanks to Darren, Tracey, colin and paul for all your help in making it a fantastic week. I'd reccommend this course to anyone, (apart from west cumbrians who could take my work) LOL!!!

T

Tulsa

Finished my 4 day course and one day Natural Stone course approximately 2 weeks ago and can honestly say it was the best course that i have ever been on(having been on many courses during my life) and i cannot believe how much practical and theoretical knowledge i left with. Darren,Tracey and the rest of the staff are amazing teachers and school you not only in the practical aspects of tiling but the setting up and running of a business. After finishing the course on the friday i was totally shattered by the time i got home but full of every possible confidence about starting my own tiling business and since finishing have been busy promoting,advetising and carrying out quotes. Truly i cant thank Darren,Tracey and everybody else for everything that they taught me and will be eternally grateful. If i was going to give any advice it would be firstly pay for and complete the one day Natural Stone course,it will in time pay for itself and secondly dont look at or pay for any tools until attending the course and viewing the ones sold by NETT,great selection and well priced. The course itself and the tools was some of the best money i ever spent. Cheers Darren,Tracey and everybody else at NETT.

p.s Darren porsches are definitely for Hairdressers.(Only joking cracking motor)

P

Paul Martin

North East Tiling Training

Completed the 5 day course with NETT four weeks ago now inclusive of the natural stone installation and, just completed the 3 day advanced wall & floor tiling course last week.
Everybody asks the question how can you learn to tile in a short space of time, the answer is simply within the delivery of content, knowledge and experience of the trainers...Anyone out there considering this course and questioning the viability of a short course and if it will deliver value ? I can highly recommend it.

Its not a walk in the park, it will be hard work fast paced and not for the feint harted, that said it is also a lot of fun and does deliver exactly what it says on the tin. The additional 3day course is intensive practical tiling and if you can complete the exercise's here then, you will be able to handle any situation. A huge confidence builder of real value.

A big thanks to Darren, Tracey, Paul, Colin and the rest of the team.....

regards,
Paul

D

davy583

North East Tiler Training

This course was brilliant; it had every thing I was looking for and more. The course went much further than just the tiling side of things. Darren, Tracy and the rest and the staff looked after every person on the course and supplied a friendly yet very professional course.
A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL
David Dawson

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen