Search the forum,

Discuss Topps rapid set adhesive.!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

crazysteve123

Anyone on here every used topps rapid set adhesive going on to concrete using 300x300 ceramic tiles just done 60m2 using the stuff seems ok normally use bal but the customer wanted to get the price down

G

Grace'sDad

I use it loads, along with BAL and to be honest, I'm hard pushed to tell the difference (sorry Gaz!).
The white is particularly nice to work with.

T

theyomper

Use it and have never had a problem with it. As you say good if you want to keep the cost down.

C

crazysteve123

I agree grace's dad i can't seem to tell the differents either...and its about half the price

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Grace'sDad

It's made by Palace Adhesives - last I heard (definitely not by BAL)
Still like it though and use plenty of it.

G

Grace'sDad

From September, all BAL products will have 25yr guarantee.....:yes:

That might just help a little to justify the prices Topps are charging retail customers. The approved installer scheme is great - until they get the bill for their materials and have heart attacks!!!

(seperate issue - sorry!)

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Most of the stuff made for Topps is Palace gear.

They have even started stocking 2 part stuff as well thats a lot cheaper than BAL. (Sorry Gaz) and its good stuff as well ;)

G

GazTech

Most of the stuff made for Topps is Palace gear.

They have even started stocking 2 part stuff as well thats a lot cheaper than BAL. (Sorry Gaz) and its good stuff as well ;)
As a fixer I also used Palace and I had no complaints, still preffered BAL because of the added back-up service that was provided and still is.....
icon7.gif

G

Grace'sDad

If I can use BAL - I always will. Consistent and high quality (- like me!)

Honestly - when I see a skip outside someone's house with cheapy adhesive and grout bags in, I don't expect the tiling inside to be as good as a house with BAL bags in the skip.

A small point and others will disagree maybe, but the pro image of BAL and the guarantee counts with a lot of my customers.

Reply to Topps rapid set adhesive.!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen