Currently reading:
Topps rapid set adhesive.!!

Search the forum,

Discuss Topps rapid set adhesive.!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

Most of the stuff made for Topps is Palace gear.

They have even started stocking 2 part stuff as well thats a lot cheaper than BAL. (Sorry Gaz) and its good stuff as well ;)
As a fixer I also used Palace and I had no complaints, still preffered BAL because of the added back-up service that was provided and still is.....
icon7.gif

S

Spud

If I can use BAL - I always will. Consistent and high quality (- like me!)

Honestly - when I see a skip outside someone's house with cheapy adhesive and grout bags in, I don't expect the tiling inside to be as good as a house with BAL bags in the skip.

A small point and others will disagree maybe, but the pro image of BAL and the guarantee counts with a lot of my customers.
does that mean the skips with pci and ardex bags in them are even better jobs ? lol :grin:

S

Spud

i guess i am a bit too price sensitive to use bal i use alot of dunlop which is made by bal i get to phone bal technical if i have any queries i am always looking at trying to save money on the adhesives and grout, i buy by the pallet to get best prices if i were specifying and wasnt spending my own money i would have 4 or 5 choices and these would be the order of preference ardex pci laticrete mapei bal these are all quality suppliers

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pjtiler

i guess i am a bit too price sensitive to use bal i use alot of dunlop which is made by bal i get to phone bal technical if i have any queries i am always looking at trying to save money on the adhesives and grout, i buy by the pallet to get best prices if i were specifying and wasnt spending my own money i would have 4 or 5 choices and these would be the order of preference ardex pci laticrete mapei bal these are all quality suppliers
i was going to suggest flour & water (sticks like f*ck )
till asda bumped the price of flour up

Reply to Topps rapid set adhesive.!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a Topps Tiles store in Newcastle Under Lyme, not far from the Untold Media office as weird as that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.