Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Some Tilers my way doing a bathroom in a day, x2 Tilers x1 labourer. Haven't seen their work but I know they are busy.

O

One Day

Thanks if you prep the job right the tiling is the easy bit.

And that, gentlemen is the key! Proper prep. Customers sometimes get stressed with the amount of prep i do on a job. But as I've always said; a good tilers job is 70% prep.

O

One Day

Some of us are tilers not bathroom fitters, I don't prep any walls.

Tilers should be able to prep ALL substrates in my opinion.
Tilers who can't (not won't - I mean can't) are less able.

A hotel I am working at has a tiler in who turns out a reasonable, not great job.
He got caught spot-fixing floor tiles onto ufh cables. Asked why, he said he knows it needs leveling but I don't do leveling. o_Oo_Oo_O

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm currently changing my business up, to be aiming at bathroom fitting, with a plumber in the pocket for that side of things, have truely had enough of coming into appalling prep work, all site work is being phased out, I'll be pushing for high class domestic bathrooms, and try to drag my home town forth from the dark ages of 250 x 500 being "big" tiles :mad:. Its going to be hard work getting the first few caught on round here but no one Lee is doing it so I figure its worth a go. But even if the large formats don't take off, I want all my jobs start to finish now, me running it and never having to hear "the tiler will get over it" :mad::mad: so fingers crossed on a year I maybe be back to enjoying work again

F

Flintstone

Impish, that's all well and good and I understand where your coming from but it depends on what jobs you are doing, I'm sure a lot of tilers, myself included do jobs for all manner of contacts as well as my own jobs and normally you walk into a room that has been prepared by the fitter, or skimmed by the plasterer or whatever. Ripping bathrooms out is something I seriously dislike

D

Dumbo

I'm currently changing my business up, to be aiming at bathroom fitting, with a plumber in the pocket for that side of things, have truely had enough of coming into appalling prep work, all site work is being phased out, I'll be pushing for high class domestic bathrooms, and try to drag my home town forth from the dark ages of 250 x 500 being "big" tiles :mad:. Its going to be hard work getting the first few caught on round here but no one Lee is doing it so I figure its worth a go. But even if the large formats don't take off, I want all my jobs start to finish now, me running it and never having to hear "the tiler will get over it" :mad::mad: so fingers crossed on a year I maybe be back to enjoying work again
Jim Clarke is doing complete bathroom installations

Reply to Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen