Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling Nightmare Mosaic Help..... in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

N

neologic2k

I guess it was pva as I've just found this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    933.8 KB · Views: 12
N

neologic2k

Oh dear god...

I just read this "If you tile onto a painted wall your tiles will be held up with paint, not good. If you hire a tiler and he attempts to PVA the plaster before tiling, sack him!"

N

neologic2k

No but it's a million times better tan it was, providing the right primer is used!

B

bcd-87

Except nothing less than perfection... It takes a particular type of tradesmen to make it as a decent tiler.....

N

neologic2k

think you have given them more than enough chances

Indeed Dave, but what is the alternative ask them to leave and wait another six weeks to get my shower back? It's more a case of managing them and making sure they are not cutting corners!

That's where you guys come in ;-)

N

neologic2k

So it seems the pva was to put on the wall before they applied the plaster.

I checked the skip this morning after speak to the fittes and they had indeed used the correct primer on the walls.

Progress!! :)

O

Old Mod

So it seems the pva was to put on the wall before they applied the plaster.

I checked the skip this morning after speak to the fittes and they had indeed used the correct primer on the walls.

Progress!! :)

I had hoped that's what it was used for, but it seems with these guys pretty much anything is possible!

Reply to Tiling Nightmare Mosaic Help..... in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks