Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Nightmare Mosaic Help..... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bcd-87

Hi All,

So the plot thickens, we had a wickes out on Sunday afternoon, and the fitter out first thing this morning at which point I ran though all of the useful information I've been given on here and asked why the walls weren't preped, why the titles were being spot pointed and also pointed out why the mosaics were being squashed by the tiles above as they were not giving them time to dry!

Long and sort, I told them to rip it all out and start again preparing the walls this time! The excuse was we were train to save you money! At which point I said, just do the job right! If some crops up then tell me and we can discuss!!

They have now removed all traces of the artex, unibonded the wall and the wall by the window has been sorted...

Updated pictures attached.

Thank you all for your input!! I'll post a couple of pictures once the job is finished :)

Paul

Hi Paul

Nice one mate, don't take any BS look forward finished pictures
Errrrrm......
When u say unibonded the wall.......u don't mean PVA do you?

O

Old Mod

He did say it was a pva, may be me getting products mixed :)

Search PVA in here see how many threads come back! :D

It's the wrong product, and there's no getting away with it.
They have to use the same primer that's stated on the back of the adhesive bag, and it will certainly not be PVA!

N

neologic2k

I guess it was pva as I've just found this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    933.8 KB · Views: 14
N

neologic2k

Oh dear god...

I just read this "If you tile onto a painted wall your tiles will be held up with paint, not good. If you hire a tiler and he attempts to PVA the plaster before tiling, sack him!"

Reply to Tiling Nightmare Mosaic Help..... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen