Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling an ensuite floor with old adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Weebisto

View media item 15486
Hi all, my next job is tiling ensuite which has old adhesive still in place. Planning to cement board over and seal prior to tiling but there's disagreement as to whether or not I should remove old adhesive first

Any help appreciated

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Use one of these to get it up..
IMG_20171203_143101.png

O

Old Mod

Yes agreed, actually looking at floor, take up old adhesive and check condition of boards first, they don’t look great.

F

Flintstone

There is a layer of thin ply wood there probably nailed down, should be easy to get that lot up

T

Time's Ran Out

As @callatiler - there is thin plywood nailed to those varnished floorboards.
Take it all up and relay new substrate.
There is a possible sign of woodworm in those exposed boards as well.
I know you had issues on your last bathroom and this forum is here to get advice, but, I am concerned not just for you but the customers that you are hopefully going to get paid off this time and the quality of work your level of experience can provide.

Reply to Tiling an ensuite floor with old adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen