Currently reading:
Tiling an ensuite floor with old adhesive

Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling an ensuite floor with old adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Use one of these to get it up..
IMG_20171203_143101.png

T

Time's Ran Out

As @callatiler - there is thin plywood nailed to those varnished floorboards.
Take it all up and relay new substrate.
There is a possible sign of woodworm in those exposed boards as well.
I know you had issues on your last bathroom and this forum is here to get advice, but, I am concerned not just for you but the customers that you are hopefully going to get paid off this time and the quality of work your level of experience can provide.

Reply to Tiling an ensuite floor with old adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement