Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss tiling a bath panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

grahamster

hi went to price a bathroom today,customer also wants bath panel tiled...not done this before,whats the best way to secure panel after being tiled?Would you jst drill holes into tiles and screw into wood behind or silicone around sides?......cheers graham

G

Gentleman Jim

Hi Graham
Did a bath panel a few weeks ago. The chippy made a framework to take the ply board and I stuck 20x25 ceramics to the board with flexi adhesive. Then drilled through the tile where the framework was. Finished with "mirror" screws - those ones with the stainless steel hemi-spheres. I think it is always better to allow access in case the bath's plumbing needs attention. Looked fine and the customer was very pleased.
Good luck
Jim

W

wivers

You can also cut a square out of the ply pannel the size of a couple of tiles ( or however many you feels big enough). Then screw some batton behind the access point so the bit you've cut out doesn't fall back. Then stick the tiles onto the outcut and use silicone the same colour as the grout in the grout lines to hold it in place. Ths way they can just cut the silicone to gain access.

R

rsl tiling

I done this for a customer a couple of weeks back in natural stone,i plyed it and screwed it to the battons,there was no real need for an access panel as the taps are in the wall

Attachments

• neils.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 379
Last edited by a moderator:
W

wivers

very nice mate.

You seem to have the same problem i do with pictures, mine keep pixulating like that when i turn them round 90 degrees?

R

rsl tiling

very nice mate.

You seem to have the same problem i do with pictures, mine keep pixulating like that when i turn them round 90 degrees?

Cheers wivers,i took them with my phone, always does that!

B

bearwithme

i always use a plasterboard cut to size. tile, drill holes and fixed using the mirror screws as well. then silicone sealed. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 28032008085.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 318
P

Perry

i always use a plasterboard cut to size. tile, drill holes and fixed using the mirror screws as well. then silicone sealed. :thumbsup:
yes plasterboard is the best thing or tilebacker never ply it will warp the best way is to fix a frame so that the plasterboard finishes flush with the timber frame on the bath cut slots for the legs then the tiles will fit under the bath lip then as wivs tells you but cut a hole 25mm smaller than the tiles depending how big you want the access panel that will save you using batterns silicone the joint and just cut it out if you ever need to remember never ply :pete

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grahamster

ok thanks again,some good ideas there,i like the mirrored screws option,nice finish......another one for bearwithme,what have you used to finish around the bottom of the bath panel and around skirtings,the black strips?nice finish aswell,if you dont have the option of taking skirtings off.

Reaction score
you could tile as normal and fit in an inspection panel where it's required and fix it with magnets, here's one I did earlier (well not a bath panel) and it worked a treat..Mark.

Last edited:
B

bearwithme

hi grahamster, new product at band q. customer showed me it. works like adjustable height door trim. 1 length under floor then top length just clicks in gives a nice low profile finish rather than using quadrant. sorry mate , can't remember name. you'll find it in laminate floor section. :thumbsup:

P

Perry

you could tile as normal and fit in an inspection panel where it's required and fix it with magnets, here's one I did earlier (well not a bath panel) and it worked a treat..Mark.

or you could use plasterboard and send me the money u would have paid for the inspection panel (mark only joking) :pete

Reply to tiling a bath panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks