Search the forum,

Discuss tiling a bath panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grahamster

hi went to price a bathroom today,customer also wants bath panel tiled...not done this before,whats the best way to secure panel after being tiled?Would you jst drill holes into tiles and screw into wood behind or silicone around sides?......cheers graham

G

Gentleman Jim

Hi Graham
Did a bath panel a few weeks ago. The chippy made a framework to take the ply board and I stuck 20x25 ceramics to the board with flexi adhesive. Then drilled through the tile where the framework was. Finished with "mirror" screws - those ones with the stainless steel hemi-spheres. I think it is always better to allow access in case the bath's plumbing needs attention. Looked fine and the customer was very pleased.
Good luck
Jim

W

wivers

You can also cut a square out of the ply pannel the size of a couple of tiles ( or however many you feels big enough). Then screw some batton behind the access point so the bit you've cut out doesn't fall back. Then stick the tiles onto the outcut and use silicone the same colour as the grout in the grout lines to hold it in place. Ths way they can just cut the silicone to gain access.

R

rsl tiling

I done this for a customer a couple of weeks back in natural stone,i plyed it and screwed it to the battons,there was no real need for an access panel as the taps are in the wall

Attachments

• neils.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by a moderator:
W

wivers

very nice mate.

You seem to have the same problem i do with pictures, mine keep pixulating like that when i turn them round 90 degrees?

R

rsl tiling

very nice mate.

You seem to have the same problem i do with pictures, mine keep pixulating like that when i turn them round 90 degrees?

Cheers wivers,i took them with my phone, always does that!

B

bearwithme

i always use a plasterboard cut to size. tile, drill holes and fixed using the mirror screws as well. then silicone sealed. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 28032008085.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 320
P

Perry

i always use a plasterboard cut to size. tile, drill holes and fixed using the mirror screws as well. then silicone sealed. :thumbsup:
yes plasterboard is the best thing or tilebacker never ply it will warp the best way is to fix a frame so that the plasterboard finishes flush with the timber frame on the bath cut slots for the legs then the tiles will fit under the bath lip then as wivs tells you but cut a hole 25mm smaller than the tiles depending how big you want the access panel that will save you using batterns silicone the joint and just cut it out if you ever need to remember never ply :pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to tiling a bath panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen