Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Shading issue advise in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does it not say on the box ' mix tiles before laying' or something along those lines ?
Or does it say
'Please check every tile next to every other tile due to shading issues' or something along those lines ?
I know we mix boxes up when laying ,cos I'm sure that's what I've read ? But that's a s far as I will go .

I personally do not know ONE person (in GB) who will check every tile on every job next to another tile , it's even, dare I say it , ridiculous to even suggest it .
I don't know how tiles get quality checked , Shirley they must do somewhere along the lines before being shipped ? So Shirley it's not the tilers fault if they are wrong , it goes back to the maker, importer,then supplier then last but not least maybe the tiler.
I actually can't believe that people on a tilers forum are blaming a tiler for fooking shading issues , it beggars my belief ;)

D

Dumbo

Another scenario. Customer buys their own flat pack units and gets a kitchen fitter to build/install them.

Fitter opens box. Ignores instructions cuz he knows best, doesnt put it together in the correct order and breaks it in the process. Its now useless.

Should he be reimbursed for lost time and be given a new unit foc from the supplier?
Not quite the same that's an equivalent to putting tiles in back to front or using incorrect adhesive for job

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Paul......I'm glad you are seeking to become a tiler.....because you will see first hand some of the ***** we have to put up with..!!
We get blamed for everything because we're the easy target....less face it everyone's been paid apart from the fixer so let's dump it all on his doorstep....
You need to know we're not numptys if an issue jumps out at us then obviously we speak up.....but sometimes things aren't that obvious . ...as in the op case .

T

Tile Shop

I realise that. And as a result of wanting to do it full time, i know my posts don't get it accross, but i really do have sympathy when things like this aren't obvious to anyone until its too late. (Except when an issue is blattently obvious but the fitter cracks on anyway).

But as i said in the first post, the supplier if its a genuine issue, have a duty to back the customer up if they are being charged extra for fitting. Whether it be from a suppliers or the factory....... but only when the problem couldn't have been avoided and the the supplier in turn will be refunded for the factories qc cockup.

I

Italy

is useless, do not want to understand.
because I must say that is not the fault of the tiler and if they bring you before a judge, tells you the same thing?
regulations, there are a long time.
I'm a tiler, I tried what I'm telling on my skin.
I understand that speeches are annoying, but it is useless to do the dull, it is better to prevent than to redo.

I

Italy

Does it not say on the box ' mix tiles before laying' or something along those lines ?
Or does it say
'Please check every tile next to every other tile due to shading issues' or something along those lines ?
I know we mix boxes up when laying ,cos I'm sure that's what I've read ? But that's a s far as I will go .

I personally do not know ONE person (in GB) who will check every tile on every job next to another tile , it's even, dare I say it , ridiculous to even suggest it .
I don't know how tiles get quality checked , Shirley they must do somewhere along the lines before being shipped ? So Shirley it's not the tilers fault if they are wrong , it goes back to the maker, importer,then supplier then last but not least maybe the tiler.
I actually can't believe that people on a tilers forum are blaming a tiler for fooking shading issues , it beggars my belief ;)
I am a beggar?

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When I walk in some public place I always check some mistake,some tile fixed wrong,lips,shades,veins,lines,squares....
If I see some different shades I blame first the tiler...(not professional,not see the different shades,not follow the veins,I'm better!:))
Is my fault if I fit different shades,or chip tiles,this is my job and I have to do it right.
Happens more then one time,is not something new to find this different shades and sometime not easy to see but...I have in my hand and I not pay attention enough.

Reply to Tile Shading issue advise in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen