Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Shading issue advise in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

As you haven't supplied the tiles and checked codes then I don't think you should be replacing them without be paid to do so. As local says, supplier should be paying.

F

Flintstone

Deffinately if you haven't supplied tiles you should be the one that's in a strong position with the customer!

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'd be charging to replace as well. If all batch and shade numbers match then imo you'd every right to fit them. The customer presumably took and accepted delivery so they must take some responsibility. It can be difficult to notice shading differences when you've just got your head down working. Also, the fact the supplier is willing to supply more tiles I'd take as an admission of fault with the original ones supplied.

N

Njdceramics

Customer supplied through her brothers tile import company
Tiles come direct from factory

Customer being really nice she just doesn't want to get caught up in the argument

And yes timeless I wasn't there when this was said

H

hmtiling

Customer supplied through her brothers tile import company
Tiles come direct from factory

Customer being really nice she just doesn't want to get caught up in the argument

And yes timeless I wasn't there when this was said
If she was being really nice she'd have said ' of course I'll pay for the extra time as it's not your fault'

N

Njdceramics

She has paid me some money to cover up to now it's just where we go from here
I want to leave her with a job she's happy with but think the factory has to take some blame
I mean it's Versace not b&q

T

Time's Ran Out

So why get involved. They can see your doing a good job, let them sort it with the supplier and just tell them how much it will cost to replace them. When they replace the tiles what happens if it's the first lot that's wrong?
Cut your loses, and state your terms, if they are the same batch etc it's there quality control not your fixing. I'am the first to say ( 2nd today as Antonio 1st) its tiler error for shading, but only if you haven't checked batch nos.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
They'll probably play the "claims cannot be accepted once material has been fixed" card. They'll say they're only supplying more as a good will gesture but like I said earlier I'd be insisting it's an admission of fault with the product.

Reply to Tile Shading issue advise in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen