Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile Shading issue advise in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

N

Njdceramics

She has paid me some money to cover up to now it's just where we go from here
I want to leave her with a job she's happy with but think the factory has to take some blame
I mean it's Versace not b&q

T

Time's Ran Out

So why get involved. They can see your doing a good job, let them sort it with the supplier and just tell them how much it will cost to replace them. When they replace the tiles what happens if it's the first lot that's wrong?
Cut your loses, and state your terms, if they are the same batch etc it's there quality control not your fixing. I'am the first to say ( 2nd today as Antonio 1st) its tiler error for shading, but only if you haven't checked batch nos.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
They'll probably play the "claims cannot be accepted once material has been fixed" card. They'll say they're only supplying more as a good will gesture but like I said earlier I'd be insisting it's an admission of fault with the product.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sometimes the changes are so slight it's not noticeable….until you grout and then it shows up. I had it once with a rogue box of tiles. The whole palette had been checked, not by me, apart from 1 box that the details were facing inwards. Customer forgot to mention it to me and they were laid. He did pay me to remove them and relay. It was never noticed until it was grouted and then when you caught it in certain light it showed up, albeit very minimally, but once you know it's there then the game's up.

N

Njdceramics

On a normal day I probably would have seen the change going from one end of a room with it all in front of me

This was different as had to start in the middle then cover to work off of it
...... Perfect storm

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can't really offer any new advice other than every so often you are served a great big excrement sandwich and you just have to eat it down. I ate mine earlier in the year with a BCT fail.

I

Italy

frankly I'm tired of saying things to those who refuse to understand.
Perhaps the rules are valid only in Italy?
go read the rules. you could avoid many headaches.

Reply to Tile Shading issue advise in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks