Discuss Trying to source an obscure size octagonal tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I hope you can help we are trying to source (for a match) some 300mm by 300mm matte white taco tiles with a black insert. We are finding this hard as a lot of the websites we find seem to have 200mm by 200mm or 316mm by 316mm.

I have attached some photos for reference below. We have one box we have found in the loft and it specifically says 30 cm (on the ripped off piece of cardboard that was near it!). Although when we measure they are just under by a few mm.

On the back of the tile it say Gres De Valls made in Spain.

This company here the closet we have found, but I'm worried it will be too big >>>> Classic Octagon White 316x316 & Black Taco - https://targettiles.co.uk/classic-octagon-tiles-316x316-black-taco-floor-tile/.

We might order a sample, but it's over £20 to do this, and it seems to be the wrong size anyway?

Please can someone with more experience shed some light on where to look for these? Maybe who has the biggest stock/speciality etc...
Also do you think its worth ordering the sample of the one linked above?

Thank you

Lisa

96E7D018-EEDA-4B62-9EFA-0C314AD33B28.jpg
IMG_8487.jpg
IMG_8488.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That looks like an old topps tiles tile. They have a store stock search thing on their computers in store. Take the pics in but the tile size will be 298 then and 316 would be too big.

You've got to find a tile that's 298 but the dots that go with them you can make from any solid tile using a tile cutter (as in not the wet cutter rail style cutter).

Although consider any tile colour, as you could go grey or black with white dots for example if the size was bang on. Obviously if you can deal with the tile colour change elsewhere.

That said if its a doorway (think it is?) Use a square tile if you're on a budget and find a nice cutting off point at the door and with the other tiles perhaps go diagonally with those, then use a door strip to cover the change.

Edit: it isn't a doorway! I just looked. There's just a sofa or something on the left there that I thought was part of a kitchen cabinet in another room! Sorry!

how many tiles in total do you need then? Could a new bigger tile work maybe if you could cut off the area neat upto the old tiles. (Imagine it looking like a stage or whatever, just a tiny one)
Hope this helps. :)
Thanks for posting BTW!

Reaction score
Thank you. I'll try them and thanks for the tips on sizing. Appreciated
For context, we've knocked a wall down that previously separated the dining room/kitchen through to a closed off lounge area. We'd ideally like to continue the flooring through to this lounge area (and then put a rug on to it) The lounge area only makes up about 35% of the floorspace downstairs. We are trying to have the same flooring through the entire downstairs area instead of having to replace the whole ground floor.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll reread this tomorrow on the pc and take a look at the pics again I might still be miles off.

Reply to Trying to source an obscure size octagonal tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks