Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

decca

let us know how you get on mate. Something i always looked at, but stuck with the BAL products

P

protilers

I have always used mapei adhesives and grouts...they are fantastic products,
the ultracolour grouts come in 26 (i think) colours and can fill joints of 2 - 20mm.
but the also make other stuff than adhesives and grout......i use fibreplan on a daily basis,primer g, latex plus,mapsil, and many more...check them out www.mapei.it

p.s dont forget to click the english flag icon......unless you name is mario and are fluent in italian

R

reaper72

Anyone had experience with tilemaster adhesives ie setaflex?I had the rep in the other day..........

T

tiler tom

I have to be honest I have done a lot of jobs where the client has provided the Adi
and when not I use standard tile adhesive from tile clearance. In comparison to other products I have never had a problem. A desired consistency although I would critisise some tile slipige above windows, otherwise OK. Until today. Customer provided tiles and BAL white star for 100x100 ceramic in a kitchen. Really creamy, not too stiff and no slipage tiling down from the counter to the floor level.

BAL for me from now on.

D

Daywalker

I've been using bal for a while, now i'm trying granfix so far so good inc the price.

S

simbur

Has anyone been visited by a adhesive company called Weber, they rang me last week and came in a van , dropped some free gear and a price list from a shop called Tile Depot wall sticky was 4 quid a tub and flex floor 11 quid a bag, has anyone used this stuff as it seemed too good to be true price wise, been using mapei but this stuff is cheaper

A

aardvaarktiling

it is good stuff, i try and use ardex and use weber if i can't get ardex, i think you've got the prices wrong, i pay 7 quid a tub for there ready mix and about 15 quid for spf rapid

S

strongboes

ditto that for price on weber. the spf rapid i find has a very short pot life and setting time which is nice for reasonable size jobs although no one local to me does it so when i use i buy a pallet at a time.

Dunlop floor addy, find it pretty good and consistent, slighty grainy, only use this when I fit for a seriously upmarket bath and tile shop as this is what they supply.

granfix, really like their grouts, rapid flexible is a good product, dont like their non flex rapid set as it gets runny in the bucket after you have mixed it perfect, infact most non flex adhesives do to a lesser extent.

tubbed multifix is excellent

nicobond, good consistent addy's, not too keen on the tubbed, white wall grout is best you will use!

Mapei, only used grout's and find them to be excellent

S

simbur

Hi all
No mate just checked the price list this Tile depot gave me
weber fix 15kg £4 exc vat per tub
weber s.p rapidset £11.34 per 20kg bag
weber.set rapid grey £6.00 per 20kg bag
there is loads of stuff on this list and if you order 800kg of weber stuff they will deliver free of charge, im using the wall gobbo tomorrow so will test it

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SquareEyes

Started out using Mapei, but moved away from local supplier and started using Ardex and found that its much better to work with. Seems to give a higher grip that most.

Never used Bal purely cos its so damn expensive - its £40 a bag around here where i can get Ardex for £13!!!

B

bluevin123

I tend to use Toppfix waterproof or the other one,get one for £6 the waterproof £12,they seem ok,would like to try the Bal though,see if it worth paying the extra.
Vinnie

robbbin

TF
Reaction score
Always granfix flexi for me on timber floors never a problem, and the supa grip for walls good grab hold up 35* 25 without spacers

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks