Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

simbur

:thumbsup: Used the Weber fix plus was excellent 20x40 tiles held no worries and spread well didnt end up with most of it in the bath as i normally find,

P

pursedog

Re: Poll: What adhesive brand do you trust most?

working a lot on site. what do you guys think of travis perkins adhessive? i actually find it ok...does that make me a **** tiler?!!!!!:whatchutalkingabout

B

bootsmckiber

I use mapei ultraflex2 for most of my jobs,I use there grout to,never had problems,never heard of Bal product,sounds popular over there,
Mike

J

jocky102

Bal is the best available round here for me. I would love to give some of these others a go though.

I use PCI brands, i have worked in Germany from 1994 until 2004 when i decided to come back from Gemany and set myself up, now when i got back BAL seemed the way to go (basically because i couldnt find anywhere to buy the PCI) i have used many brands since 2004 but found BAL to be the best from what i had avaliable, to tell you the truth i became a bit of a BAL brand snob, i only use the GRIP, and only used flexible floor adhesives, natural stone white (when grouting white or grey when grey grout) recently i found a shop that supplies PCI and im over the friggin moon, PCI is german made but is very cheap in comparison to BAL products, ok the tanking system is more expensive i think but better, the adhesives alone ( i only ever used BAL GRIP) but the black lid sontex acrylic adhesive was just as quick grabbing and dries fast BUT....

BAL GRIP (trade) £18ish
acrylic sontex £ 9ish

its prices like that (BUT by no means lacking in performance) that makes it worth while to try.

no i dont work for pci i just know what they are like, im sorry i didnt like mapei, wouldnt use any b&q brand ie dunlop etc, dont think much of granfix either.

P

Perry

Jocky i use stacks of it mate i find it good 2 :pete

A

aejrd

I am starting a countertop on tuesday porcalain 600 x 600 and have gone for Mapei Keraquick grey - cement based, flexible, rapid setting. Not used it before so will give the low down when i'm done.

Supposed to be superb though, Leatherface is right there range of grout colours is massive, have managed to almost completely match the dark brown tile they want.
it is mate u wont have a problem thats all i use now on floors they do a white one too .its the best gear av eva *** across in nearly 20yrs

F

Fliesenleger

Has to be more than a coincidence but BAL the's easiest to get all over the East Midlands, I prefer Nicobond but no-one stocks it.
I actually drive up to Yorkshire Tiling tools every few months and stock up as it's worth the trip. N&C who make Nicobond aren't particularly helpful if you make an inquiry, they gave me the number of their nearest glass merchant last time we spoke!

If anyone knows where I can get Nicobond south of Birmingham and North of the M25 I'd appreciate it.

P

plasteringtiler

Used Granfix whilst in training camp, instructor uses it and recommends it. Had no probs using it during the course whether tubbed superfix or multifix or bagged flexible or rapid set adhesive. But can't seem to find a local stockist - north/east surrey, if i want to use granfix i will need to travel over an hour to stock up :36: !? The main players near me are BAL and Ardex so will be trying BAL to begin with...

G

GazTech

I use PCI brands, i have worked in Germany from 1994 until 2004 when i decided to come back from Gemany and set myself up, now when i got back BAL seemed the way to go (basically because i couldnt find anywhere to buy the PCI) i have used many brands since 2004 but found BAL to be the best from what i had avaliable, to tell you the truth i became a bit of a BAL brand snob, i only use the GRIP, and only used flexible floor adhesives, natural stone white (when grouting white or grey when grey grout) recently i found a shop that supplies PCI and im over the friggin moon, PCI is german made but is very cheap in comparison to BAL products, ok the tanking system is more expensive i think but better, the adhesives alone ( i only ever used BAL GRIP) but the black lid sontex acrylic adhesive was just as quick grabbing and dries fast BUT....

BAL GRIP (trade) £18ish
acrylic sontex £ 9ish

its prices like that (BUT by no means lacking in performance) that makes it worth while to try.

no i dont work for pci i just know what they are like, im sorry i didnt like mapei, wouldnt use any b&q brand ie dunlop etc, dont think much of granfix either.
Dunlop is not a B&Q brand....Gaz

B

Brio

You need to get yourself some overalls, pd. also, I always have a bucket of clean water & a sponge handy when I'm working, periodically rinsing my hands & tools as the day goes on. Clean tools make the job so much easier
:thumbsup:
wow. i didn't realise that there was so much choice! i'm new to tiling and i'm trying to learn as much as i can about all aspects. getting a headache trying to take everything on board!

by the way how do i stop getting adhesive all over myself and how do i get it off my hands!!!

L

LM Ceramics

i dont like bal adhesives much i now use excelbond adhesive from tile clearing house really good stuff and reasonably priced

have used lots of other adhesives to like weber, ardex,mapie,dunlop,nicobond all good adhesives

id say the worst is defo granfix in my opinion

D

dayglowfroggy

Hi new to this forum just voted Bal been using it for almost a year only down side is that it needs allot of cleaning as you go or just being very careful not to get any on the tile surface.
I have done a search but nothing came up I have a friend who uses kwik grip from Wall & Floor he swears by it I am considering tying it as its cheap ,anybody know if this is just a different manufactures product or if it's any good.
Also DO NOT USE B&Q own brand with a green lid .
Made that mistake once because a customer supplied it ended up spending most of an extra day taking tiles of and re fixing .
I have used wicks own brand and it was very messy and takes along time to set no good for grouting the next day.
Used tops trade stuff and it took ages to go off .
Used granfix and it's not too bad but not as reliable as BAl grip, I have a friend who only uses granfix and he grouts the next day with no problems .
I am primararily a plumber who does complete bathrooms so any adhesive has to be well stuck the next day as I will be banging around fitting sinks and baths etc..

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks