Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tiler burden

bal mainly but mapei is quite good too.and i found that dunlop is ok, infact very underated.

Reaction score
without sounding to old in 20 od yrs tried pretty much everything if u really want to know how good your adhesive is is see how easy it comes off your cloths after they have been through the washing machine at high temp if the adhesive is still there u know its good personally i stick to nicobond white floor adhesive holds up well and sticks like **** to a blanket on wood floors i use wf21 so good it will stick **** to a bar of soap i only do natural stone now and have done for the last ten yrs so as for ceramics i havnt a clue whats the best about at the moment mark

W

woodie

Re: Poll: What adhesive brand do you trust most?

Nobody uses dunlop so far then.
Taylors gave me a tub of dunlop to try out and let them know what i thought, i haven't bought a tub since and never will, i'll stick with granfix, 'good stuff':yes:

J

Jason35

Nobody uses dunlop so far then.
dan i am just starting in the game.My neighbour has just had her bathroom done and i noticed that the tiler was using dunlop non slip!
is this cheap rubbish and will her tiles stay on?

G

GazTech

dan i am just starting in the game.My neighbour has just had her bathroom done and i noticed that the tiler was using dunlop non slip!
is this cheap rubbish and will her tiles stay on?
Dunlop adhesives are made by BAL, nothing rubbish about it, if fixed properly your tiles will stay on...lol

G

GazTech

does anyone know the best way to price jobs when you are first starting out:huh2: cheerz!
Yes Jason, but this isn't the place to ask, this is an adhesive poll thread. Go to the home page and click the pricing forum....Gaz

D

DHTiling

Yes Jason, but this isn't the place to ask, this is an adhesive poll thread. Go to the home page and click the pricing forum....Gaz

the pricing forum is a sub-forum to the tilers arms.. you need access to the arms to post in the pricing forum...:thumbsup:..

Any questions just post them in the tiling forum until you have access to the arms...

J

Jason35

the pricing forum is a sub-forum to the tilers arms.. you need access to the arms to post in the pricing forum...:thumbsup:..

Any questions just post them in the tiling forum until you have access to the arms...
Dave i tried to get into the pricing forum but couldnt get access
just want to find out how to price jobs as i am just starting out and want to know how to price jobs before i start quoting people! thanks :huh2:

D

DHTiling

Dave i tried to get into the pricing forum but couldnt get access
just want to find out how to price jobs as i am just starting out and want to know how to price jobs before i start quoting people! thanks :huh2:

like i said you need access to the tilers arms to get access to the pricing forum........

pm me or Dan your company details etc.... just to make sure you are indeed a tiler etc etc.....then we can let you in......

A listing with findtrustedtradesman or yellow pages or summit will do....and we do check the details sometimes.....:thumbsup:

A

Alberta Stone

Mapei is a nice little Canadian company.
I have used their products for 20 odd years and haven't had a single issue arise from the product.
Spec it properly, mix it right and it will perform.

I have also used custom building products gear and it stands up well and is priced right.
Custom Building Products :: Professional Contractors :: VersaBond Flex(R)

Flextile makes a good product, but I am not too keen on their grouts.
Their admix for exterior makes it impossible to clean a bucket which you might have missed washing.
broken link removed

TEC has a good range of products.
Tile Adhesives for Commercial Tile Installations | Tecspecialty.com - http://www.tecspecialty.com/

Laticrete is my current favorite up with Mapei.
[DLMURL="http://www.laticrete.com/Contractors/tabid/58/Default.aspx"]LATICRETE® International > Contractors[/DLMURL]

I can get all of these in Alberta and they are all very competitive in their pricing.
Some of their specialty products are pricey, but I pass that on to the customer as I am not keen on subsidizing anybodies tile project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks