Search the forum,

Discuss this is sooooo bad !!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

This will shock you all like it shocked me !! The customer had his ground floor tiled and ensuite by this clown ! i retiled his ground floor 1 week after this cowboy did it first. A nice expense for any person!! anyway the customer didn't want me to retile the ensuite,just clean a bit of the grout off maybe,anyway this is a few close up pics of it.

Attachments

• New Image8.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 322
  • New Image7.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 329
  • New Image5.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 305
  • New Image6.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 304
  • New Image4.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 305
F

Fred

Thats so shocking. Tiles with lips, grout not cleaned off, tiles cut short and grout pushed in to make it look good!

Some times I'm at a job with porcelian tiles and wash them 3 or 4 times before they look the business. Its all about pride.

H

hillhead

I couldn't believe it!! he just wanted me to try to clean off some grout in there,his ground floor was a mess too,grout stuck everywhere,lips like nothing normal and staggered joints everywhere, i re done it and brick bonded the 600x300 as he had laid them in straight lines ! i felt sorry for this guy and went easy on him on price.

D

DHTiling

Re: Hall of shame....

I was asked to go look at a floor that was tiled about 18 months...He said the grout keeps cracking in the joints...

Well i had a look and the tiles were all loose...so i said it needs re-tiling ..possibly wrong prep on floor...OK all priced and ready to go...

Turned up to the job and started to remove the tiles....:yikes:

They dot and dabbed onto 6mm ply...:mad2: and under the ply was 12mm ply layed straight onto the joists...the 12mm was original and should have never been tiled on ffs...

Attachments

• DSC00057.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00056.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 155
D

DHTiling

Re: Hall of shame....

So i advised that they do not tile the floor and they have gone for kardean in stead....but whilst there i had a look at his wall tiling....:oops:

And i know who this guy is who tiled it...:incazzato:and i had to tell the customer that the floor should never of been tiled and the walls were dot and dabbed as well...this i found out after a tile fell off as i was removing the floor tiles...

Attachments

• DSC00061.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00060.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC00059.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00063.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC00062.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC00067.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC00064.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00065.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00066.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 108

Reply to this is sooooo bad !!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen