Search the forum,

Discuss They are only mitres?! eh?!?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

i found the butech trims a real pain. brassed chrome is really hard to cut. ended up going through a few hacksaw blades and cutting them with grinder. they are very shiny . also they are pretty expensive

O

One Day

i found the butech trims a real pain. brassed chrome is really hard to cut. ended up going through a few hacksaw blades and cutting them with grinder. they are very shiny . also they are pretty expensive

I find them ok. Prefer to use a decent hacksaw with my quansol box over a grinder.
One slip and they're goosed though!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use my Makita chopsaw for the all metal trims and just have a metal blade swapped into it. Perfect cuts every time. Nice work Kyle

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I use my Makita chopsaw for the all metal trims and just have a metal blade swapped into it. Perfect cuts every time. Nice work Kyle

That sounds like a good shout John,

I'm working for another tiling contractor and its genesis metal trim everywhere with niches, lots of Windows, boxing and sills ( all very time consuming with my hacksaw and mitre box.......are you using s carpenters chopsaw with a metal blade then or is it like a mini version not so bulky and better for cutting trim?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use this saw, but then again I do a lot of woodwork as well, but just change the blade to a metal one when needed :smiley:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-MLS100-240-255-Electric/dp/B0013UY7N2

Hate using a hacksaw and mitre box when there's a tool that does the job in seconds and perfect cuts, good as well for taking 1/10th of a mm off as well if you work to fine tolerances (I'm sure you do ;))

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Nice one John, thanks for the link, I wonder if many fixers are using a chopsaw or still battling with a hacksaw and mitre box like me.....

Reply to They are only mitres?! eh?!?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen