Search the forum,

Discuss standards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Should you drop your standards to get more m2 out even if the lesser standard is good enough. I'm a perfectionist so i find this hard, what do you guys think? Is it a bad move? Should i drop them and keep everyone happy or do i keep them high but risk making enemies by doing so?

D

Dougs Third Go

keep 'em high, people remember a good job long after the sting of paying for it.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Should you drop your standards to get more m2 out even if the lesser standard is good enough. I'm a perfectionist so i find this hard, what do you guys think? Is it a bad move? Should i drop them and keep everyone happy or do i keep them high but risk making enemies by doing so?

Stick to your guns Mark, you can't rush perfection, plus speed comes with practice imo:thumbsup:

C

charlie1

Even when its making another pro look average? I'm not meaning to sound big headed btw but there no other way off wording it

D

DHTiling

What have you been asked to do ..?

You can only tile to one standard IMHO.. either your good or your are ruff :)

I

Ian

Always do your work to the highest standard you can achieve, it'll work better for you long term.

C

charlie1

keep 'em high, people remember a good job long after the sting of paying for it.

yes and a poor job might look nice and shiny at the start but quickly deteriorate. But this is a commercial Doug, i wont be remembered for anything, my masterpiece will stick out like a sore thumb against what I've seen so far on job.

Reply to standards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen